Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:06 am

Nice additions!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 am

Did you receive the D-type yet? Careful, it's very fragile so you have to put it together like you're doing neurosurgery

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:20 am

StratosWRC wrote:Did you receive the D-type yet? Careful, it's very fragile so you have to put it together like you're doing neurosurgery
I'd love the challenge! :woot:

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks guys!
Yeah the D-Type I have received but I haven't put it together. Think I need to in order to see that there are no little issues

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:31 am

Sanchez wrote:Thanks guys!
Yeah the D-Type I have received but I haven't put it together. Think I need to in order to see that there are no little issues
take your time with it, and avoid applying too much pressure. If something isn't going in, make sure it's aligned properly before committing full force. There are two little metal sliders that attach the top of the middle portion, basically the driver's canopy, to the bottom of the chassis, and they're very fragile. You have to position the top section properly, then push the metal sliders in. I broke one of mine cause I pushed too hard.

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:09 pm

How long did it take to receive your D-type? I ordered one during the Exoto 70% discount sale one week ago and they still haven't ship. I will follow up with them but I'd love to hear from your experience.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Atalante wrote:
How long did it take to receive your D-type? I ordered one during the Exoto 70% discount sale one week ago and they still haven't ship. I will follow up with them but I'd love to hear from your experience.
Mine was shipped like over a month later. It wasn't in stock yet.

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Wes, your instructions sound like I might break something during assembly :shock:

Atalante, I just checked my records. The model was shipped 4-5 days after I paid but arrived around one month later due to Christmas and New Year craze. Which one did you order?

F80pilot

Post by F80pilot » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:20 pm

My first GT Spirit model. Pretty happy with it.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Sanchez wrote:Wes, your instructions sound like I might break something during assembly :shock:
Just be super careful! Watch where you hold the model. The plastic over the driver's canopy looks like thick linoleum or something in the pictures, but in real life it's extremely thin and delicate. The belts as well (for the hood). Oh and keep in mind, when you remove the headreast, the rear end just falls off cause the head rest is holding it in place. So do not ever remove the head rest without holding the rear end in your other hand.

the1

Post by the1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Atalante wrote:
Congrats for your D-Types. What was the lowest price it went for with all the discounts?

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:50 am

Autoart Aston Martin V8 Vantage

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:45 am

Very cool, but wrong colour. :P

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 am

damnyouebay wrote:Very cool, but wrong colour. :P
lol go away you non-englishman

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:37 am

StratosWRC wrote:
Sanchez wrote:Wes, your instructions sound like I might break something during assembly :shock:
Just be super careful! Watch where you hold the model. The plastic over the driver's canopy looks like thick linoleum or something in the pictures, but in real life it's extremely thin and delicate. The belts as well (for the hood). Oh and keep in mind, when you remove the headreast, the rear end just falls off cause the head rest is holding it in place. So do not ever remove the head rest without holding the rear end in your other hand.
Thanks for advice. I should have bought rolling chassis LOL so I don't all that hassle with fitting body panels.
damnyouebay wrote:Very cool, but wrong colour. :P
Polar opinion here - fantastic colour but wrong car. Guess I am in minority here.

Return to “General Discussion”