Wes' Collection - Leaving the diecast hobby...

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
HAROMASTER

Re: Wes' Collection - Autoart 1985 Aston V8 Vantage

Post by HAROMASTER » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Not a fan of this car either but really enjoyed the pics Wes.

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:46 pm

That Hakosuka and that Shelby :drool:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Sanchez wrote:That Hakosuka and that Shelby :drool:
But not that Aston? :(

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Not to rain on your parade but this car doesn't do it for me. But BRG + tan/creme/brown interior = winner combo.
I love this one:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Oh me too! I hope someday someone makes that. Twin supercharged ah yeeee

StratosWRC

Re: Wes' Collection - Leaving the diecast hobby...

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi everyone

Over the last few days I've been thinking, and have come to a decision to leave this hobby and focus on other car-related things instead. Unfortunately, with my taste in diecast cars, it will always be a financial burden. I am hopelessly addicted and the best thing to do is to pull the plug cold turkey. My car recently broke down and I had to buy a new one, which doubled my debt to what is almost my annual income. Unfortunately my models are locking up too much money, and siphoning off thousands of additional dollars every year, and I simply cannot sustain that at this point in my life, and for the foreseeable future. The decision is tough, but I believe it's the right one, and I have to consider my girlfriend's feelings, as she's patiently waiting for me to propose. As ridiculous as it sounds, this hobby is keeping the rest of my life from happening, and it can't always be about me (would be nice though!).

I will be putting my entire collection up for sale in the next little while. Sorry to let y'all down and I'll miss this hobby a lot.

Wes

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:22 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting this! Don't rush into decisions that you may regret later.... Don't sell unless it is absolutely necessary. That being said, I wish you the best. Don't be a stranger!

PS, I want the Jag! ;)

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Sorry to hear, Wes! Like KRAFTIG said, don't sell unless you really need to. Some of these gems can't be bought again.

With that said...I am interested in some cars you have lol

HAROMASTER

Post by HAROMASTER » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:40 pm

you gotta do you Wes all the best to you're future endeavours... i suggest you keep a few lol.

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:23 am

Wow quite a shock to hear. A decision like this one is very tough to take. Passionate as you are I would also suggest you keep a few models. I may be interested by some, we'll see.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:27 am

Yeah chaps, it's sad but I think it has to happen. It would pay off a lot of debt and save me a couple of years of setting money aside. Not to mention free up a lot of disposable income that I now spend on models.

juju396

Post by juju396 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:14 am

You should consider dumping the gf, so you can save all of your diecast babies! LOL jk; you're doing the right thing... you can always come back to the hobby once things settle down financially. Good luck with the sales, maybe keep a few of your most cherished pieces unless you are absolutely sure you're ready to part from them. With that said, what's your eBay id?

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:07 am

I am in total shock about this! I can't believe you are selling all your models are you? Why not focus on a skeleton collection. I noted you buy a lot of stuff almost random. Just sell the models you need to pay all bills (and make your girlfriend happy). Personally I do it as follows, we have 3 money accounts, 1 general account, and both my wife and I have a hobby account. Each month we both get 100 euros pocket money on our hobby account (as my kids get pocket money). That money I use for my Midas kitcar, models and other hobby stuff. So there is never an argument about spending too much money. I have a specific collection, small sportscars, English sports cars and a few iconic supercars. That keeps the collection down to max 50 models. Maybe you should do the same. Reserve monthly a small amount of money for your hobby and dedicate your collection to specific themes, f.e. racing cars. Ofcourse first get rid of the loan, the interest you pay is money you loose every month.
I am quite sure this will keep you and your girlfriend happy and enough money stays in the bank for daily bills. If you now sell it all, you loose everything and I am sure you will regret it.

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:21 am

Well, that is quite unexpected since you've been very active in diecast forums. But I too think of all the things one can buy instead of models plus this hobby is getting retarded expensive. Well your reviews and input were here were amazing. So all the luck with your life and probably see you around.

the1

Post by the1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 am

Your departure from the hobby is the saddest news of the decade. I wish you the best of luck in your life and may all your plans come true (house, proposal...). And maybe one day you will be able to come back to the hobby and collector community.
Last edited by the1 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Member Collections”