Wes' Collection - Leaving the diecast hobby...

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
Canadian Wrench Head

Re: Wes' Collection - Leaving the diecast hobby...

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:13 pm

........one day the bug will bite you again and you will be back!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Canadian Wrench Head wrote:........one day the bug will bite you again and you will be back!
So true, I left for 7-8 years! :deal:

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:19 pm

I have a super supportive wife to all of my car hobbies. She was also an awesome girlfriend too.

If she is the keeper you think she is, she will be there later on when you can better afford to play in this hobby. In fact she may buy you plenty of awesome cars and or spur you on. Mine does all the time(as long as she likes the car lol).

Drivinghermad

Post by Drivinghermad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Sorry to here this Wes,i too was in a similar situation as you may remember,in fact it's happened a couple of times over the years-mainly due to no storage space with me though.There is too much of a draw with these model to just walk away,at least save a few of the Gems you have and when you get squared up you can start again with selective models that you know you love.Financial decisions come first of course as it is life that matters most and you do have to do what you think is best,just keep popping back to see us on the forums as your input is HUGE on all the forums you frequent.I wish you the very best of luck with your new ventures and you will be missed by those who have known you for a while,all the best Bro. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :beer:

Markus

Post by Markus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:42 am

Wishing you all the best Wes. Been in a similar situation a few years back.

groupCin1.43

Post by groupCin1.43 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:59 pm

You will be missed!

I have always enjoyed viewing your collection, your helpful advice and following your contributions to the site.

Wishing you the very best in all your future endeavours.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Thanks guys. Feels good to have been a part of such a fine group of gentlemen. Appreciate all the advice and support. I'll see you around.

AOS

Post by AOS » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:06 pm

StratosWRC wrote:As ridiculous as it sounds, this hobby is keeping the rest of my life from happening
It's not ridiculous. Collecting material goods with the intent most of us do, it doesn't help us advance in life in any way. All we're doing is giving away money for something that does not impact or change our lives. Buying material goods with no story or bigger goal in mind tends to only bring short-term happiness.

I'm glad you are able to acknowledge and accept this, unlike other people in this circle. Having the best products or having the largest collection out there is not exactly the coolest life achievement people can accomplish, so good on you for letting go of this and putting your time* and money on more important and more valuable things.

* time as in the extra job you took up.

After saying all that, I still appreciate excellent craftsmanship and car body design, which is why I will still collect. I still track all the dollars I spend, so when I keep seeing that number in my bank account never rise, it continually reminds me to keep my impulse in check, cut stuff out, and to stiffen up what I can give myself permission to purchase.

But going back to you though, you will be missed, but do not be sad. You are moving on. This is something you ought to be proud of yourself for. Congrats on breaking out of the loop. Best of luck in your future with your GF. Save those dollars well for your home (good luck with that, Toronto housing), and keep your eyes on the bigger prize and away from short-term smaller purchases.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:44 pm

All very good points, thanks guy! And yea, I'll need all the luck in this retarded housing market

seppuku

Post by seppuku » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Dayumm son! Fur realz?!? Are you sure you want to do this now???

it takes years and years to build up a collection like yours. Are you sure you just want to give in like that?

C'mon now...your lady after that rock, I see... just get her that cubic zirconium ring...:). They'll never know the difference....:)

Return to “Member Collections”