AUTOart Jaguar XJ13 "Green Beauty"

AUTOart related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

AUTOart Jaguar XJ13 "Green Beauty"

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:20 pm

This one is definitely from the golden era of AUTOart, in my opinion, a true "diecast" replica. The detail excels much higher than many of AUTOart models from today, I'm sure you will agree. Thanks to Wes for selling me this one at a reasonable price, I missed the opportunity when the model was originally released, and prices today are just dumb stupid. It's shame AUTOart cancelled the scheduled re-production of this model, it would have done well. Enjoy the pics!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: AUTOart Jaguar XJ13 "Green Beauty"

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Does anyone know when this was originally released? TIA!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:20 pm

In 2001. Enjoy it guy!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:21 pm

StratosWRC wrote:In 2001. Enjoy it guy!
Thanks Wes!

Josh

Post by Josh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Cool classic from Jaguar, is it true there was only one built and that it was destroyed? I think it looks odd, kind of hard to tell one end from the other! LOL, nonetheless very unique piece of Jaguar history, the real thing would be priceless!!

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:35 am

Yes only one built and destroyed but now there are a few close-to-perfect replica. So cool I would like the Autoart but not ready to pay the current prices.

whacker

Post by whacker » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:54 pm

The car was wrecked when a wheel gave way during filming at the MIRA test grounds in Nuneaton UK It was eventually rebuilt and is owned by the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust.

spanner

Post by spanner » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:59 am

I'd love this one to go with my other classic Jags! but hard to find and expensive..

the1

Post by the1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Sad that AUTOart chose to cancel the re-release.
Great review. Thx.

Dburt164

Post by Dburt164 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:20 pm

I knew this model was hard to get when I bought it, and 250 USD with no box may seen high to some but I had to have this car and considering it's condition was perfect I was not disappointed at all. I bought it as a companion piece for my 1:18 Auto Art 1966 Lamborghini Miura. These two cars were my favorites from GranTurismo5 on PS3, which is how I learned about both of these cars, proving that video games have great educational value.. I have read many rave reviews about this model and must agree but it is worth mentioning that Auto Art's Lamborghini Miura is also a very nice die cast car, as good as it gets. I bought it first and its incredibly high quality was what made me seek out the XJ-13 at any price, knowing it had been discontinued years ago.. They look awesome sitting on the shelf next to each other and are the pride of my whole collection. I used real car polish to shine up the paint on these cars and under the right light they look real..

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:43 am

I paid about the same... Worth every penny. Since AUTOart's announcement not to reproduce I'm sure the value is once again growing. This model was executed in their hay days, and it shows. Note Kyosho has some great examples of Lamborghinis as well.

Dburt164

Post by Dburt164 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:50 am

I read a side by side comparison of Kyosho and Auto Art Miuras, and it would seem that it's really a matter of preference more than anything which one is better. The Kyosho has a more realistic working suspension according to reviews, but the Auto Art was rated as having more accurate body lines due to their use of a separate part on an air intake rather than attempting to die cast it as one piece with the body, and a better paint finish. I can't imagine that paint finish gets any better than on my two Auto Art cars, I would be happy if the paint on my real cars looked that good... Since I don't handle my models, they sit in a case, outer appearance is all that matters to me personally. It's nice that everything opens up, but I display everything closed. I don't want to spoil the fine lines of the car. I did think it was nice that the Auto Art Lambo came with a fancy holographic Lamborghini official product seal on the box. I bought the Lambo from Diecast Direct for around 120 bucks I think it was. This was in 2015 and I bought the Jaguar on E-Bay right after, the same year. I buy a lot of stuff from Diecast Direct and I notice that there is no 1:18 Miura currently available from any manufacturer on their website. A search only turns up an Auto Art Miura in 1:43 for 20 bucks more than I paid for the 1:18 version a couple of years ago!

These two cars,the Miura and the XJ-13 made an enormous impression on me. The rest of my collection is '20's and '30's American classics, Duesenburgs, Cords, Packards and the like...so it's a unique appreciation outside my normal collecting realm.

Return to “AUTOart”