Totally new to the model scene so don't blast me!!!

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Dharrington845

Totally new to the model scene so don't blast me!!!

Post by Dharrington845 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:36 pm

My very first car was a pebble beige 1995 Nissan Maxima with black leather interior. I loved that car with every bone in my body. My girlfriend complained about being #2 (and she had good reason to lol)

I cannot for the life of me find anything about it in diecast. I've even tried it's Japanese cousin the Cefiro.

Can anyone point me in the direction of anything at all that might help me? I will die a happy man. Thank you!!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Totally new to the model scene so don't blast me!!!

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi, welcome to the DS! I'm not sure this model was ever made in scale. What scale are you looking for?
My girlfriend complained about being #2 (and she had good reason to lol)
LOL I can relate :D

Dharrington845

Post by Dharrington845 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Preferably 1/24 or 1/18 but not picky. A gentleman on the phone advised me there's a Japanese lookalike called Laurel Nissan. Anyone know of any diecasts about that?

Also off topic looking for an e39 BMW my and a jaguar xj6

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Try http://ig-model.com/. You may find 1:43 and or 1:18

Q-DawgVFR

Post by Q-DawgVFR » Tue May 08, 2018 1:02 am

Dharrington845 wrote:My very first car was a pebble beige 1995 Nissan Maxima with black leather interior. I loved that car with every bone in my body. My girlfriend complained about being #2 (and she had good reason to lol)

I cannot for the life of me find anything about it in diecast. I've even tried it's Japanese cousin the Cefiro.

Can anyone point me in the direction of anything at all that might help me? I will die a happy man. Thank you!!
Sometimes, you are just unlucky and unable to find a scale model of something you are interested. I have searched for other needle in haystack quests (toyota sequoia, as an example, LOL)

I am usually pretty good at finding stuff if it exists, so I did a little search. Often helps to know the other names that a car may be sold as on the global market. For example, VW Jetta (Vento, Bora)

1/43 CAM Nissan Cefiro

It is RHD, and the name isn't quite right, but it is about as good as it gets probably. Modify as necessary to make it similar to your 1:1

If 1/24 is more your thing, then Aoshima makes a Cefiro A31 (previous body style) which is similar. Might be able to modify to a 4th gen with some work?

Hope this helps

MysteriousRJC

Post by MysteriousRJC » Wed May 09, 2018 9:45 am

hi there, welcome to the addiction

Return to “General Discussion”