Hello from Canada

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
MysteriousRJC

Hello from Canada

Post by MysteriousRJC » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:07 pm

New to diecast and addicted... credit card is currently smoking

:manual:

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hello from Canada

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:33 am

Welcome to DS! Friend pace yourself, this hobby is addictive and can drain your funds very quickly. I think we've all been there!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:04 am

Yes listen to the wise and the broke! Don't buy stuff just because. Make very careful choices. Selling is a pain

MysteriousRJC

Post by MysteriousRJC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:05 pm

I think that ship has sailed a little bit on that. I currently have 15 vehicles, one on order, and four on pre-order. I did jump in pretty heavy at the start I accumulated pretty much all those in the course of a month or so but I bought cars that I really liked and really wanted. Somewhat because I didn't want to have to try to buy them after when the prices have gone up because They were no longer being produced. Actually two of the cars I bought were off of eBay that we're no longer being produced so I paid a bit more for those but that's OK I really wanted them. Yeah I totally agree with you that you can get into spending binge really quickly. I'm sure most will say I went overboard getting started but it's OK I really wanted the specific cars for the above reasons aside from the fact that I really like them. Now I'm going to be a little more selective picking off only ones that I really really want or that are very unique. Thanks for the add, looking forward to being part of the community

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 pm

One thing I learned, patience in this hobby is good. Just cause you missed out doesn't mean another colour or another production will be released. Have fun!

Return to “New Member Introductions”