Newbie from SoCal (formerly Texas, LOL)

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
Wbgoode77

Newbie from SoCal (formerly Texas, LOL)

Post by Wbgoode77 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:43 pm

I’m new, not only to the forum but also to the hobby as well. However, I’ve been a car guy my whole life! Quick story, I had several diecast cars when I was in college but when I got married and had two girls I ended up donating them to one of my friend’s boys and let’s just say that was a mistake! Not only do I regret letting them go, they weren’t taken care of and basically no longer exist. A few months ago my 10 year old girl was adamant about this 1:24 Bugatti she saw at a boutique shop in Laguna Beach and we basically told her it was too expensive…but every time we went by the shop, she expressed how she still wanted it. So for Easter, we got it for her. Even though the detail was lacking, once I put it in my hands and began to look it over, all those sensations from when was in my early 20’s came rushing in. It reminded me how much I loved those models and it got my wheels turning. Not only am I now looking for that first car to add to my collection, I’ve been borderline obsessing about a potential business venture in the industry. The good book says “seek wise counsel”, so not only did I join to find like-minded folks, check out some cool rides, and get schooled about all things diecast (or resin)…but to also seek advice and gauge the validity of my idea.

Below is the link to my “Building a Diecast Company” topic.

https://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/v ... =8&t=10754

I look forward to meeting some cool peeps and learning all that I can about this awesome industry and hobby.
Last edited by Wbgoode77 on Tue May 14, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Newbie from SoCal (formerly Texas, LOL)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue May 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi, welcome to DS! Good luck with the venture company!

Return to “New Member Introductions”