Hi fellow collectors!

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
MattDesign

Hi fellow collectors!

Post by MattDesign » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:19 pm

I've created this account because I was impressed with the quality of this site. It is very well organized, and things are easy to find. The images are clean, and the reviews are concise. Top notch stuff.

I have been collecting models for a while, I used to lurk around DX and Scale18 10~15 years ago. I think I recognize few names here and there on this site, it's great to see you all still going strong.

Life took over and I've slowed down my purchases to a couple of models a year for the past 10 years, but thanks (?) to COVID-19, more time at home has lead me to be re-energized about this hobby. And I would like to say, wow, the 1/18 scale market has changed alot.

I wanted to re-start slow, but who am I kidding? I bought 6 models in the last 10 days. Maisto owns Bburago now, and they make Ferraris? What? What's up with this new found craze for tuner cars like Liberty Walk and RWB Porsche?

It's all new to me, but I can't wait to try them all.

Matt

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hi fellow collectors!

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Hi Matt, welcome to DS! Thanks for the kind words, it helps fuel the passion

I think everyone's buying habits have changed, the hobby isn't what it once was just 10 short years ago. I still find room for the odd model too. Maybe 1-3 per month on average. I've narrowed my focus and likely will do some more. Again, welcome!

Aston

Post by Aston » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:13 am

Welcome to the forum! The number of models - 150 - makes an impression. It is very interesting to look at the models. :manual:

noakesr8

Post by noakesr8 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:12 pm

To: Welcome to the forum! The number of models - 150
Me: No, not 150 - getting on for 250'ish now, with the last lot - like I said 24, but when I counted how many I had listed, well it was 33 and another one I forgot about from China.
Come Christmas, if my target of $5,000 is reached, any surplus I will again spend on more cars, just like I have the last few weeks - time to reduce my savings and increase my cars collection again.
Does that make any sense?
I bought a 1/18 Delage from an Aston recently through eBay - was that you?
Richard

Aston

Post by Aston » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:40 am

Hi, Richard. This was not my suggestion. I have not listed the models on Ebay, but I wish you the best of luck with our hobby. Vyacheslav.

Return to “New Member Introductions”