Looking for advice regarding Mustang 2015 1:18 diecast models

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Izim

Looking for advice regarding Mustang 2015 1:18 diecast models

Post by Izim » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I know very little about diecast models myself, which is why I would like to ask some advice about a model I'd like to buy as a gift for my father. The model I'm looking for is a Mustang 2015, preferably dark grey or black. He owns the convertible version of the actual car, but I've already googled for diecast models of the convertible for years hoping for it to be available some day, but it doesn't seem like any manufacturer is ever going to make these, so I decided I'll just buy a hard top version.

I've been looking around and found two nice models (see URLs below), although the difference in price is significant. One is around $60 (Maisto) and the other is around $400 (AUTOart). I'm willing to buy the more expensive one, conditioning that the higher price is really worth it of course, because with my untrained eye it's difficult to see/know what the actual differences are. My dad already has three models of older Mustangs of the brands Shelby Collectibles Inc, Welly and Maisto. I'm aware that the model by AUTOart is a different version (Shelby), but I don't think my dad would mind since one of the older models he has is also a Shelby.

Sorry if I come off as a newby, any advice would be highly appreciated!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Looking for advice regarding Mustang 2015 1:18 diecast models

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Hi, there is a quality difference between the two cars, and also note each is not the same model either. Maisto is the standard Mustang and the other is 350 R by AUTOart. If I needed to choose either piece the AUTOart would win hands down. Read the overall review, link above.

Also the shop LiveModel is overpriced, LOOK ELSEWHERE. Compareable DS sponsor below.

https://cars79.com/products/1-18-ford-s ... oart-72934

Final questions, is your dad an avid collector? If the basic entry-level Maisto might serve well.

Izim

Post by Izim » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:26 am

Thank you for the quick response!

I don't really know what avis is, so I don't think he is. Also thanks for showing that link, that's indeed a lot cheaper than the website I listed. So would you say that the difference in quality is in proportion with the difference in price between the Maisto model and the AUTOart model?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi, that should read "avid" collector.

As for quality one vs. the other, to me night and day. I've been collecting for 30 years!

Izim

Post by Izim » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Ah alright, so sorry I didn't make the connection to 'avid'. Thank you very much for the advice, your 30 years of experience is just what I needed! I'm going to go for the more qualitative one :)

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Izim wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:43 pm
Ah alright, so sorry I didn't make the connection to 'avid'. Thank you very much for the advice, your 30 years of experience is just what I needed! I'm going to go for the more qualitative one :)
Great! :okay:

Return to “General Discussion”