Hi Fellow Collectors From Australia

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
noakesr8

Hi Fellow Collectors From Australia

Post by noakesr8 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:03 am

I have been collecting cars for about 8 years - I remember reading somewhere about Pocher cars and decided they were too hard for me to assemble, so I would collect a few assembled by other people, more mechanically minded than me - I have 17 or 18 different 1/8 scale cars at the last count, I purchased them all through eBay. I also have a 1/8 scale James bond Eaglemoss car and I have been thinking about buying a Nissan also by Eaglemoss in 1/8 scale, but from Japan, however, with Coronavirus, all mail-in and out of Japan is suspended for the time being.

I bought a Franklin Mint 1/24 scale car and was blown away by the detail and bought many of those - I also have 5 of 6 of the Franklin Mint 1/12 Pewter cars and the Rolls Royce in 1/12 and 1/24 scales.

Then I discovered 1/18 scale cars and I got stuck into buying those - my argument is that the interest rates on money in the bank is currently 0.075% and when I buy Exoto, CMC, BBR, Autoart and others, I am converting the zeroes on my bank statements into something I can see and enjoy and which potentially has a long term value and increases in value, a damn site quicker than bank interest rates and for any time soon.

The difference between Burago, Maisto and a lot of the cheaper car brands, is that they are mass-produced and they never really cost very much, whereas, with Exoto and some of the other more expensive brands, they cost a lot more and are limited runs, before the casting is destroyed and no more are made, so with time, their value increases as does the desire for you and me to own these rather beautiful cars.

I occasionally end up a bit further ahead from my pension savings than I have forecast and then I go for it and buy a load of new cars - I had a big purchase at Christmas and bought 24 new expensive cars and I am trying to stop my latest purchasing spree these last few weeks - I have purchased another 25 (well maybe 33) - most in the mail to me as we speak:

1/18 CHRONO LOTUS ELISE GT1 "THAI" R PRUTIRAT 1997
HOT WHEELS 1/18 50429 TVR SPEED 12 - GREEN
Panhard Pl17 1/18
Revell 1/18 Scale Audi Avus Quattro
1/18 G.PATTON Rhino GX US Specialty Vehicles,LLC SUV Army green (fantastic model but expensive in A$)
Guiloy 1/18 BMW 327 Coupe 1937 Die Cast Metal Top Line Collection
BBR Models 1:18 Ferrari 375 Plus V #19 Carrera Panamerican
Road Signature 1:18 1947 MG TC Midget Roadster - Green
1:18 Kaiser Henry J 1951 1/18 • SUNSTAR 5102
1941 Jeep Willys MB Alloy 1:18 Scale Diecast Model US Army Military Off-road Car
WELLY 1:18 FIAT 1957 Nuova 500 Alloy Static Car Model Toys
Rastar 1:18 BENTLEY Mulsanne Alloy Static Car Model ALMOST REAL
ARCFOX-GT car model in scale 1:18 Blue
1:18..AutoArt--85387 Jaguar C Type Le Mans Winner 1953 in OVP / 7 C 408
MOTORMAX 1/18 - 73168 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO GT - METALLIC BLUE
1/18 Dong feng original manufacturer,Dongfeng Motor Military armored vehicles
EXOTO DIE CAST METAL 1:18 RACING LEGENDS CORVETTE NO. 10
Bburago 12062 1/18 Bugatti Type 59 1934 Brand New
1/18 Diecast Grey Aston Martin Vanquish made by Beanstalk Group #454
Ford GT40 MKII #5 24h Le Mans 1967 1/18 - SC403 SHELBY COLLECTIBLES
1:18 CMR Ferrari 340 Berlinetta Mexico #20, Carrera Panamericana
CMF Rolls Royce Phantom II Boat Tail Tourer 1932 CMF18130 Limited Edition 1:18
CMF Mercedes Benz TYP 26/80 Sport Viersitzer Buhne 1928 CMF18135 Limited 1:18
1/18 Skoda Popular Monte Carlo Diecast
1/18 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE SPECIAL 1954 BRONZE BoS Resin Car Model Rare collection
1940 AUTOART BMW 328 MILLE MIGLIA ROADSTER 1:18 SCALE REALISTIC REPLICA CAR #7288 To go with:
Autoart 1:18 BMW 328 Touring Coupe (Mille Miglia 2004)
1/18 LINCOLN FUTURA CONCEPT1955 OF 100 PCS RESIN CAR MODEL RARE COLLECT Blue
1939 - Delage D 8 -120 Cabriolet Minichamps 1:18 OVP 1of 1002 pcs.
CMC M-063 1:18 1924 Bugatti Typ 35 Grand Prix Der Serensieger
Schuco Mercedes Benz 35 HP 1901 White 1:18 450043100
1:8 Franklin Mint 1886 Mercedes Benz Patent Motorwagen B11SD65
AUTOART 70987 1:18 BUGATTI VISION GRAN TURISMO "16" SILVER & BLUE CARBON
1/8 Hummer. Military Police Model, light green.

And earlier this year:

GT by Citroen Salon de Paris 2008 Norev 1/18 #181610
JJR/C Q60 1/16 2.4G 6WD RC Off-Road Military Truck Transporter RC Car
1:18 Guiloy Chrysler Atlantic Champagne NO BOX
Fiat Bartoletti 306/2 Race Car Transporter Ferrari Jcb Racing Red 1:18 norev
Fiat Bartoletti 306/2 Race Car Transporter Ferrari Jcb Racing Blue 1:18 norev

And well more - but I will spare you those.

I purchased large glass and wood display cabinets to house my growing collection, but I have sort of outgrown those and I am trying to find more cabinets to house my newer collection in (The cabinets are no longer available to buy) so that the unpacked cars are out of the dust and light and secure in their large cabinets - I keep the boxes of each car because a car is worth a lot more if sold, when it is sold in the original box it came in.

The downside, if there is one, is that I am 73 going on 74 and I am towards the end of my life, so what I buy, i will never sell, because that is the way it is and it can be someone else's problem to dispose of them all, after I die, along with my 4 x 2 home, 3 cars and everything else I own outright.

One of my real-life cars is a Volvo 740 Turbo Station Wagon, which I have renewed to better than it was when it was first produced back in 1988 - new engine, new, from the front bumper back to the back bumper - these cars cost A$60,000 back in 1988 - the cost of 3 x $20,000 homes - I know, I was trying to pay one-off back then - until my marriage went to the wall. I might take my Volvo out for an awesome spin once a year - but?

I also have a large collection of 1/16 Radio Controlled Tanks on display, several large detail scale warships I built out of card and paper, all moving parts that move, for Radio Control - took roughly 1,000 hours per model, but what with computers and the internet I have lost interest doing "that" anymore.

I guess I am the exception to the rule because I am towards the end of my life, I am retired and have been these past 23 odd years and I don't have enough time left to want to save money, I won't otherwise spend and because we can't take anything material with us, when we die, perhaps I can take the memories of my rather large car collection, along with all of the experiences of life, instead and meanwhile enjoy the delivery of each new car purchase as if it is Christmas, each time one arrives.

One waiting at the post office for me to collect on Monday, it being Saturday here, at the moment.
Coronavirus: I have a simple cure for Coronavirus, the virus before you get Covid-19 the disease and I have been doing it for over 25 years and I am never ill.

I won't inflict it on any of you, however, I will supply it free to anyone who wants it and it costs nothing to do and is 100% effective and has nothing to do with vaccines or anything like that - just ask me here. Over the years I have collected a huge collection of plans for ships, cars, tanks, aircraft and goodness knows what else, all catalogued and now I also collect digital, of same.

Richard

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hi Fellow Collectors From Australia

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:12 am

Hi, welcome to DS!

I don't know what your fear of Pocher cars is, truly not difficult at all if you take your time and read the instructions carefully. Yes, some areas do require a level of translation with imagination. Read our in-depth multiple part review and build.

Post some pics, love to see the collection! :clap:
Coronavirus: I have a simple cure for Coronavirus, the virus before you get Covid-19 the disease and I have been doing it for over 25 years and I am never ill.

I won't inflict it on any of you, however, I will supply it free to anyone who wants it and it costs nothing to do and is 100% effective and has nothing to do with vaccines or anything like that - just ask me here. Over the years I have collected a huge collection of plans for ships, cars, tanks, aircraft and goodness knows what else, all catalogued and now I also collect digital, of same.
Are you stating you have a cure? :scratchhead:

noakesr8

Post by noakesr8 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:31 am

Yes!!
Coronavirus: Mix 1 heaped teaspoon of salt in a mug of warm water, cup a hand and sniffle or snort the whole lot up your nose, spitting out anything which comes down into your mouth.

If you have a burning sensation you have a virus, so blow out your nose when burning ceases (2-3 minutes) and wash your hands afterwards and do my salt water cure morning, noon and night (or more often) until the burning sensation ceases, when you have disinfected and killed the virus in your head and you won't ever get Covid-19, the disease, which takes 2 weeks to incubate in your head.

I have been doing this cure for over 25 years and I am never ill, it is great for pollution type illnesses too, do once a month.

There are only 2 ways we can get an external illness, by injection (like mosquito bite) or breathing it in, like Coronavirus - so always breathe through your nose and isolate it in your head, where it is easy to kill, contrary to medical opinion.

They want you to get the Covid-19 disease in your body and they don't care about killing the virus in your head first, hence the 2 week isolation, to make that happen from the Coronavirus.

A vaccine is supposed to kill Covid-19 in your body, but it won't stop you getting a virus, or Coronavirus again, bearing in mind a vaccine in your body, does not deal with the Coronavirus in your head, when you got Covid-19 from it and what happens afterwards, in the longer term. when it is not killed off there.

Cornavirus is particularly bad in America at the moment and it is going to get much worse, so do as I suggest and pass this Silver Bullet cure around to as many people who you know please.

Don't necessarily believe what I say, but do try it for yourself and form your own opinion and when you agree with me, you will wonder why vaccines are necessary and have been in place for the past 224 years!!

Edward Jenner in 1796 invented Cow Pox Vaccine

First Coronavirus outbreak 1974. 2020 – 1974 = 46 years of vaccine research so far, to date.

Coronavirus Covid-19 2019. 2020 – 1796 = 224 years of vaccine research to date.

I have had this Coronavirus cure approved for publication in The New York Times, but having it approved and seeing it published, are two different things entirely.
Richard

noakesr8

Post by noakesr8 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:01 pm

Re: I don't know what your fear of Pocher cars is,
Me: I think I would describe it as boredom. My skill is working with flat sheets of card and paper to produce 3D radio controlled models of warships, ideally between the changeover from sail to steam - but roughly 1850 to 1945 - I have in the vicinity of 5,000 plans sets of ships and warships, alone, in various degrees of detail - what I thought I would be doing at this time in my life - but that did not happen - because someone invented portable computers and the internet and that was that - I am computer savvy now, instead - I won't say how many computers I own, MAC and PC!!
When you have taught yourself how to work in a particular medium and you try something which is totally alien to how you do things, it is incredibly hard to learn how to switch over, from one technique to another and Pocher cars do require some plastic engineering understanding and the eyesight, steady hands and determination to complete each model, none of which I have now.
So for myself, it is easier to buy completed models put together by people who knew what they were doing than try to do it myself, which again is why I like detailed built model cars - I don't have to do anything, except unpack them from the box they came in and display them in my cabinets for just that purpose - all now full.
I have 3 Pocher Rolls Royce's to improve on - they arrived partially damaged and one or two other Pocher models, probably after "we" have converted one of my bedrooms into a hobby area, my female partner and I, me for my hobbies and her for hers.
Age works its way on all of us and the skills we were born with, we are less able to manage as we get older and become more complacent about life in general and our lives in it.
The biggest problem with many of my cars (roughly around 200 plus at this stage) is that many are rare and if I were to sell any, I would not be able to replace them, or at the prices I paid, because they have all gone up appreciably in value, or don't exist for sale at all, or not very often.
Um - I don't need the money and it is not worth anything in the bank - so why not spend a bit here and there when the mood takes me.
Photo's - how do I post any digital photo's here and do you prefer photo's reduced in digital size , so they are in kb as opposed to mb?
See - the wonders of old age, instead of finding out, I ask here instead, as a short cut to the solution.
Richard

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:53 pm

That is a very simplistic approach with no proven factual evidence or study. If you think it works, more power to you! As for posting images, read here.

https://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/v ... 21&t=12237

noakesr8

Post by noakesr8 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:38 pm

Re: That is a very simplistic approach with no proven factual evidence or study. If you think it works, more power to you!
Me: Therein is the problem. You are conditioned to believe in what you are told by the system and when someone, anyone, tries to make you think differently, outside the box, you are unable to do that.
Of course there is no proven factual evidence or study - well there was - over 25 years ago by a Jewish University and I read the paper and thought that's a good idea and here we are. me knowing I have a cure and you on the other side, afraid to do something for yourself, because it is different and you want to stay comfortable with what you are told, irrespective of if it costs you your life, at the end.
If you are so sure my "simplistic approach" does not work, what have you got to lose by trying it - after all - there is nothing to stop you doing what you are told afterwards and self isolating before ending up in hospital on a ventilator, if they have one for you, or dying.
You really don't think that anyone would study my simplistic approach, when there is so much money to be made trying to find a cure for the disease Coronavirus becomes instead - let me put that another way - you get a bad wound, which when it becomes infected becomes Gangrene and then a cure is tried to cure you, or you treat the bad wound before it becomes Gangrene and cure yourself - same with Coronavirus and Covid-19!!
My simplistic approach works 100% - your vaccine does not exist and millions have Coronavirus/Covid 19 and 750,000 have reportedly died from it so far and Covid-19 will continue to surge and spike and kill off lots more, because none of you have the wit or commonsense to try something new, or decide for yourself if what I say has any merit, because you are conditioned not too - you are units in a huge machine and when one of you packs in, another is plucked from the multitude to replace it.
We, as a human race, don't deserve to live or continue to occupy our planet - well hang on a moment - Cotronavirus which becomes Covid-19 is knocking off many, so perhaps there won't be that many left afterwards, because they behave like Ostriches, they hide their heads in the sand to think they have gotten away from what is chasing them - good luck with that.
Do my simplistic approach and see for yourself if it works or not - how hard can that be?
Richard

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:33 pm

This topic is closed. PLEASE keep the conversation to scale models. Thank you.

Return to “New Member Introductions”