New wheels for Norev Porsche 930

Modifiers corner! Post your latest creations, your "how to" tips and tricks. Custom model and parts development too.
Gavin

Re: New wheels for Norev Porsche 930

Post by Gavin » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:17 pm

SPhilli911 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:29 pm

Actually, this looks really good. What wheels and tires are these?

Also, side note. The Norev version of the 930 is still being produced, in fact a new 3.0 is out this month in a light green color. So, it may be that older Norev models had an issue with inaccurate tires, but they decided NOT to fix that issue on newer versions of the same models. That's a head scratcher. :shame:
Mine are Maisto '89 Speedster wheels & tires. A nice improvement, but they're also not staggered. Fine in the back, but a touch too wide up front.

It is frustrating that Norev has never fixed the issue. They had the same problem with the MB W113 Pagoda & R107 MB SLs...but on newer releases, they did fit more correct looking tires. :crazy:

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:59 pm

Alrighty, finally got the first of two Norev 930s to mod and two sets of KK Fuchs to put on. Before I get to working on that I have to admit that in person the wheels aren't as bad as I thought they might be. Besides the rear wheels being wonky and off-center I am very pleased with it oveall, despite being a budget model. :okay:

I have never modified a model before, so wish me luck!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:40 pm

Good luck! Excited to see the result!

Return to “Custom Models, Repairs & Parts Development”