Triggerhappy's collection

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
wrx_triggerhappy

Triggerhappy's collection

Post by wrx_triggerhappy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Many pardons for not posting sooner but I wanted to share what has been an obsession for many years now. I started out collecting as a kid and then at some point I ended up selling everything except for 4 models given to me by family members. Fast forward about 7 years ago I found them and remembered the collection I had....thus the collecting dam broke open. And here we are now :rotfl:

Kyosho Renault Alpine Rally Monte Carlo

Kyosho 240z East African Safari

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Triggerhappy's collection

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Splendid set here. Definitely captured both well. This hobby is like a drug it won't let you go so easily :D

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:45 am

I love both of those! The Alpine just proves that old French cars are the tits.

Philip

Post by Philip » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:14 am

Two great models. I have the Datsun...it's one of Kyosho's best models, In my opinion. I haven't the gorgeous wee Alpine...yet! I do have 3 different versions from Otto, so this variant would fit in well with the others!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:59 am

Hey Sam,

Looking forward to seeing more from your collection.

Great start with those 2 Rally classics. I have the Z & love it...really well done model, especially considering its age. I almost bought the Alpine a few years back, but since I had the quite decent Maisto, I passed.

wrx_triggerhappy

Post by wrx_triggerhappy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Thank you all and totally agree, these two were on my rally classics grail list, especially the Z. I have a 1/12 model kit of it that I had dreamed of building but I have yet to journey down that path. My photos don't follow a consistent flow like others but regardless I hope to show em all at some point.

Philip I highly recommend getting the Alpine if you can find it. At one point there were many then *poof* they were off the market...atleast of late. And thank you Kraftig - you aided to the craze when I purchased that white R34 among others from you awhile ago hahahaha.

Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari Dino's - I can honestly say my three favorite classic Ferrari's are the 250 GTO's, the Dino's and the classic 80's Testarossa's.....though my ferrari collection lies hahaha.

HW Foundation Dirty birdies...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Them dirty birdies are very cool!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Love the Dinos...I still have an old Foundation & keep meaning to upgrade to the Elite.

I have 3 of those "Dirty" Ferraris...333SP, F355 & F360. They're pretty cool & I think the dirt is pretty well done.

wrx_triggerhappy

Post by wrx_triggerhappy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Fully agree with you Gavin, the dirt and weathering is done very well. For a foundation HW model, I couldn't say no.

So today I got passed by an F430 driving to work....always did appreciate the F430's so I figured I'd post to that and some others.

Hot Wheels Elite

Some Ferrari classics....the 250 California is the Ferris Buller model. I had hoped Hot Wheels Elite was going to put out a normal 250 California in the traditional red but that never happened. So I snagged a grey version and hope to get that repainted at some point.

F12, FF and 599.....total sucker for the 599. I've only seen one around Boston and always hope to see it :fingercrossed:

And last two, just for the heck of it but always classic.....kyosho and autoart Austin Healey.....love love racing the 3000 in Forza4....it's too bad they didn't include it in 5.. :manual:

Philip

Post by Philip » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:16 pm

You have excellent taste in diecast subjects, sir! :clap: I love the Dinos, although one of my all-time favourite Ferraris is the gorgeous 250 LM. I would love a quality model of one, but Mattel's just doesn't do it for me. The door-pillars and window frames are too thick, giving it too much of a toy-like appearance, for my liking.

Mind you, it does look rather good in your pics.....

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Philip wrote:although one of my all-time favourite Ferraris is the gorgeous 250 LM.

Mind you, it does look rather good in your pics.....
I got the Elite last year, after years of the Foundation....it is nicely done & more impressive in person, In my opinion. (thread here:http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/vi ... =35&t=1157)

Great updates, Sam. We have a lot of the same tastes. That Bueller 250GT Cali is such a great model...it set the bar really high that the later 250GT SWB didn't quite match.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:25 pm

I definitely need to add the 250

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:45 pm

The 250 does look alright in plain red. I don't like the race versions. Something very off about them, as Philip said.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:02 pm

StratosWRC wrote:The 250 does look alright in plain red. I don't like the race versions. Something very off about them, as Philip said.
Elite version RED $54.00 CND.

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:20 am

wrx_triggerhappy wrote: Kyosho Renault Alpine Rally Monte Carlo

Kyosho 240z East African Safari
Great way to start off.
What a great models these Kyosho rally cars.
Alpine seem to be fine with intricate details.

Return to “Member Collections”