And the Winner is…

The latest in diecast headlines and DS website updates.
[KRAFTIG]

And the Winner is…

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:27 pm

And the Winner is…

Hold onto your seats, fellow model enthusiasts, because 2023 was an absolute game-changer in the world of scale model collecting! It’s not just our opinion – it’s a unanimous shout-out to a year that delivered a feast of new models and a diverse lineup of brands bringing freshness and excitement to our beloved hobby. No lab coats here, just genuine passion steering the ship.

Now, let’s talk awards. The suspense was real, the excitement was palpable, and after a heart-pounding 30 days of voting that drew in a staggering 3317 votes, we have a winner! The top five contenders battled it out, capturing a whopping 37% of the votes collectively. And if you thought you’d seen it all, brace yourself because this year’s contest was the closest we’ve ever witnessed, with a mere three votes separating first from second place. Three votes! It’s a tight race that leaves you saying, “Wow,” with a knowing nod.

Drumroll, please! The moment we’ve all been waiting for – the DiecastSociety.com 2023 Model of the Year goes to the exceptional LCD Model Pagani Barchetta! Let the applause and cheers fill the room because this win is well-deserved. It’s not just about its uniqueness, but the overall aesthetic charm, and the fully opening piece that adds that extra touch of magic, like uncovering a hidden treasure. A node to budget-friendly brand Norev for keeping pace with their Porsche 911 entry against Almost Real and CMC.

A massive thank you to the dedicated team and everyone involved in making this happen. We extend our gratitude to the brands and sponsors who continue to support our shared passion. And, of course, a heartfelt thank you to all of you – the thousands of individuals like you who share in the enthusiasm for this fantastic hobby! Until next year, when we’ll undoubtedly embark on another thrilling adventure in the world of scale model collecting.

.: SEE MORE :.

tcl

Re: And the Winner is…

Post by tcl » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:02 am

Interesting results even though most of these don't fall into my collecting themes. I did vote though.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:39 am

tcl wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:02 am
Interesting results even though most of these don't fall into my collecting themes. I did vote though.
Believe me, many visitors did not vote! :shame:

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:01 pm

I am not surprised that model won, it's an exceptional model.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:08 pm

SPhilli911 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:01 pm
I am not surprised that model won, it's an exceptional model.
It is! But from a fit and finish, when compared to the Almost Real entry, AR was certainly more refined :popcorn:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:19 am

close finish. I haven't seen the AR but I do have the barchetta and goddamn is that thing ever nice

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:05 pm

StratosWRC wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:19 am
close finish. I haven't seen the AR but I do have the barchetta and goddamn is that thing ever nice
I'll fill you in tonight, yes very close! :popcorn:

Return to “Latest Diecast News and Site Updates”